Friday, May 29, 2009

OK, So I may be a little mean...


So, a couple of years ago my Mom gave my husband Joe one of those remote controls that work on voice command. So Joe gets the thing out and he programs it and away he goes. Now I am setting in my chair (by the way, I don't have a chair anymore since we remodeled) and unbeknownst to him, I have the original remote control. Joe tells the TV to go to channel 2 and presto it does, but I, being the little devil that I am, change it back to the original channel. Joe looks at me like, what the heck, and tells the little remote to go to channel 2. Abracadabra it goes to channel 2 again at which time, I put it back to the original channel again. This goes on for about 5 minutes, which isn't long, but when you are trying not to burst out laughing it seems like a really long time. Joe has worked himself up into quit a snit and is now holding the remote up to his face and asking it "what is wrong you, you stupid thing" and yelling at it "I told you to go to channel 2". Needless to say when he finally caught on to what was going on he didn't speak to me for a little while. I never saw the voice activated remote again, until the other day when we put in a box of stuff to sell at a garage sale. I just can't help myself.

3 comments: