Friday, May 22, 2009

Not So Sweet Dreams


OK, so I have slept on a water bed since I was 12 years old. I know, I know, but it is just the old hippie in me and I just couldn't bend to the establishment. So the other day we decided to buy an actual grown up type mattress. After I got over the initial shock of what a grown up people mattress cost, I was so excited to get the thing home. I have been waiting and waiting, because when I tried it out in the store it was wonderful. Like a big white soft cloud. Now you have to understand that we have been remodeling our house for about a year now and our bedroom was supposed to be the last room done, but I really could not wait for this thing to get here. So my husband, Joe, finished it up first so we could have them deliver it. So the other day I come home and there it is, all pillow soft and new. I can hardly wait to go to bed and try it out. So I go to bed an hour early, because I just can't take the anticipation any longer. So the next morning I am pretty sure I hate it and by the second morning I am certain I HATE it. Now I have to tell my husband that the mattress I have been going on about for 2 weeks is a nightmare and I want it to go away. I am pretty sure at this point he would much rather just hit me in the head with a brick sometime when I am asleep and not worry about taking the mattress back.

So we are off to the mattress store……Joe is very excited…..

4 comments:

  1. hahaha, you should wait! It´s some getting used to and in 2 weeks you will love your new mattress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have GOT to get the right mattress in life, I totally understand.
    I love my sealy posturepedic and me and my jammies are headed for it NOW. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my grown-up mattress, too. Hope you got the RIGHT one this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (couldn't comment on the post about 3am)
    Oh man, all that in the middle of the night? Our Penny sleeps very well through the night, but she likes to get up EARLY.

    ReplyDelete