Monday, June 1, 2009

One man's trash

Well this was garage sale weekend. You know, when you drag all your stuff you don't want any more out on the yard and pray someone else will want it bad enough to give you a dollar for it. It is always so nerve racking to think that the stuff you didn't want is not good enough for other people. I always like to pick out the thing I think will be the one thing that people will never want. When someone takes it, you always have such a hard time not laughing out loud. It never fails to amaze me what people will haggle over. My husband had a rolling suit case on the trash and I took it off and put $2.00 on it and you know I sold that little piece of trash for $1.00. Hooray, $1.00 closer to retirement. Some people might say I have a very strange attachment to inanimate objects, I just think everything wants a place to live and nothing wants to go to the trash. OK that might be a little over the top.....Anyway we got rid of a lot of stuff that has been piled up since the remodel and I like to think that someone else will use it and think they got something for a bargain. I am so glad not to have to move it from one place to another anymore. I think we may be getting close to the end only 3 rooms left to do. I can't wait until everything has a place to live.

3 comments:

  1. My wife would have LOVED to walk on over to your house with a pocket full of dollars. That is what she did Saturday morning, and she spent about 4 total at different places. I was mister noble: 'Oh I don't need or want anything' but we were walking the beagle and were going by a neighbor's house with a gorgeous old maple desk for sale (everything in the yard was a dollar except the desk was 25) and when we got home I thought about it for awhile and drove over and bought it......
    WELLL ANYWAY.....
    Glad the teapot has a nice spot at your place, so beagles can admire it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally enjoyed our visit to the garage sale... big fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One person´s garbage is another´s treasure!
    The saying is so true!

    ReplyDelete